• Baton Rouge, LA
Votes |
New(ish) buy & hold investor in Baton Rouge, LA

Will Uter
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Baton Rouge, LA
Posted Aug 31 2014, 16:00

Hello, BiggerPockets community!

My name is Will Uter (rhymes with "computer") and I work full time as a biomedical equipment technician.  I've owned a triplex in New Orleans since 1999, where I lived before Hurricane Katrina blew me up to Baton Rouge.  Like many others, I bought it while in college as a way to live cheaply.  Despite some newbie mistakes and having to learn a few lessons the hard way, the triplex has worked out quite well.  I got married last year, and with plans to start a family in a couple of years I realized my job doesn't provide the income necessary to provide my family as well as I'd like.  Real estate seems like the best way to earn a better income given my past experience.  Besides, I've always loved houses, especially pre-WWII houses.  My plan is to buy enough rental properties in the Midcity area of Baton Rouge to generate enough cashflow to be able to quit my job and try my hand at flipping.  I've gotten most of my ducks in a row and I'm currently in the process of finding my first rental property in Baton Rouge.

I've been lurking BiggerPockets for a couple of months now, browsing posts and listening to the podcasts.  If only I had this resource available when I started out fifteen years ago!  It would have saved me lots of needless headaches, not to mention a few bucks.  I look forward to meeting new people becoming an active part of the forum.  I'm happy to be here!

Loading replies...