Michael Eaton
  • Lacey, WA
Votes |
New member from Lacey, WA!

Michael Eaton
  • Lacey, WA
Posted Sep 12 2014, 14:11

Hey BP!

I am Michael Eaton, from Lacey, WA. My wife Tiffany works in the medical field and I in the auto business. We currently rent a small home here in the lacey and will be investing in a home in the very near future. Our family is young, but growing fast with one child already and another on the way.

We are exploring our options when it comes to investing in real estate. We may buy a home, pay it off quickly, buy a 2nd and rent out the 1st. Or we might pay cash for a less expensive rental property and finance our personal home with less down payment. 

Our goals are pretty simple. We intend to expand slowly, keeping our debt low and our equity high. Definitely interested in foreclosures and we're not scared of a little rehabbing.

We have a home in Edmond, OK up for sale. Were going to use the equity from that sale towards our goals here in Lacey. The home in Edmond is beautiful! I just remodeled it and learned quite a few lessons along the way . . . Like I did too much, spent too much, and expected too much LOL and I've learned about terrible real estate agents also. I would love to rent the Edmond home out, but there is a mortgage, the home is 2600 miles away, I'd have to hire a property management co and I'd rather use the equity for our goals here in Washington. Especially bein a newb.

Loading replies...