• Minnetonka, MN
Votes |
Hello from the Twin Cities!

Rachel Preston
  • Accountant
  • Minnetonka, MN
Posted Sep 17 2014, 18:35

Hey everyone,

I signed up a few weeks ago and have been reading as much as I can and listening to the podcasts as often as possible.  Great driving material, the podcasts!  Love it.

I've been interested in real estate at a very high level for several years, but I've decided recently to really learn all I can and get going with it.  My main interest lies in buy and hold rentals.  From what I've been reading on BP and from some of what I've heard on the podcasts, buying a duplex and living in one unit might be a great place for me to start.  House hacking!  See, I'm learning the terminology, ha.  I got a kick out of that, and I'm in a position in my life where that would work out for me, so I've been looking around trying to find my first opportunity in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

I think this site is thus far an invaluable resource and I look forward to interacting with everyone and learning the ropes.  I've already learned (and I've read similar sentiments in quite a few posts here) that not everyone in my life is on board with this idea, but it does actually have merit.  I'm glad to have found a genuine community of like-minded people.  Thank you all for being here and it's great to "meet" you!

Loading replies...