• Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Student Investor from Las Vegas, Nevada

David Horton
  • Renter
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Sep 17 2014, 21:07

Greetings from Las Vegas! 

I am brand new to real estate investing.  Right now I am flooding my mind with books, blogs, videos and conferences, trying to learn as much as I can.  I feel at this point trapped by the Analysis Paralysis syndrome, as well as time and energy starvation due to a full time job and role as a single parent.  I currently work in the Information Technology sector as a programmer analyst and am looking to start this exciting adventure toward financial independence using real estate as the vehicle.  To that end, where to start?  I have read many articles on the types of real estate investment strategies like wholesaling, buy and flip (and buy and hold), structuring deals for no money down seller financing and even investing in notes!  Currently I have little to no money to invest on my own (it all goes to bills and groceries!) so I have to figure out ways to begin investing with OPM (other people's money), which I've been trying to learn a lot about.

I guess a concrete goal would be appropriate.  I desire to make $80,000 annual cash flow income from real estate in one year.  Is that feasible?  Am I shooting to high?  I am really excited about being a part of these forums and look forward to learning and then paying it forward to help others.  

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and look forward to talking with everyone more!

Loading replies...