Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Nancy Finley
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Ormond Beach, FL
Votes |
From the Worlds Most Famous Beach (Daytona Beach, FL) I am Nancy Finley a Realtor and I am also new

Nancy Finley
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Ormond Beach, FL
Posted Sep 18 2014, 10:23

Greetings from the Sunshine State!!!

I am a local Realtor in the Daytona Beach Area. I have had my license for over 12 years but I finally decided to hang it!! I started out in my office helping my Broker but decided to roll the dice and jump in. It is definitely not easy :( I started off great, 2 closings in a month and 3 listings and now NADA! I have had 3 deals fall through that seems to have taken the wind from my sail, making me wonder if this is the path that I should be taking. I feel that I spend more money then I make. Every time I turn around I am either paying my dues again, or for my Supra key, or CE hours, then there is sign costs, bus cards, magnets, GAS, insurance, phone bill, stamps, stationary, you get my point. I work 60 plus hours a week and spend almost every weekend working an open house.

So now I am at a crossroad on what I need to do. Do I throw in the towel or come out swinging? I seriously need to come up with a plan, figure out how much it will cost me, and go from there. I know I am good at this, I have so many letters of recommendations from potential buyers, sellers, previous customers and even FSBO's. They keep sending me cards telling me I am one of a kind which is extremely nice but it is not paying the bills.

An more about me, I started in July of 2014, I work with buyer and sellers dealing mostly in residential,  I also property manage, I  have my Bach. Degree in Business from the Univ. of North Florida, I am active in philanthropy,  I am a mother of 2 (a 21 yr old step son and a 15 yr old daughter), I bowl on a league, and I am the President of the PTA at my daughter high school.

So I am in need of help, I really want this to work and I am hoping I can get some much needed guidance.

Thanks for listening!!!

Nancy

Loading replies...