• Franklin, TN
Votes |
Newbie from Franklin, TN

Kevin Patterson
  • Investor
  • Franklin, TN
Posted Sep 18 2014, 12:48

Hello All,

My name is Kevin Patterson and I am an aspiring real estate investor from Franklin, TN (a suburb 20 min south of Nashville). I have a wonderful wife, three crazy dogs, and one spoiled cat. I work in the fitness industry as a personal trainer/nutrition coach at a small boutique training facility in the Belle Meade area of Nashville. I truly love what I do, but over the last couple years have come to the realization that time is my most precious and finite asset and I'm tired of trading it for money.

I've always had an interest in real estate, but it wasn't until the last several months that I really dove into learning more about investing in real estate and using it as a means to build passive income, and eventually become financially independent. With this in mind, our current plan of attack is to focus on buy and hold investments, both single family and multifamily properties (whichever is the best deal, really). I also am very intrigued by fix & flipping and wholesaling as strategies to build up more cash and gain experience.

Seeing the opportunities that investing in real estate presents, I have been obsessively learning as much as I can so that we are as prepared as possible when we do that first deal. So far, I have read the Ultimate Beginners Guide, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and am knocking out the podcasts whenever I'm in the car. I am also beginning to network with experienced investors locally and plan to attend next month's REIN meeting. Oh, and I just set up my keyword alerts to hopefully meet other investors in my area.

I feel lucky to have found Bigger Pockets this early in the game and look forward to being a part of the community!

Loading replies...