James Allega
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
New Guy From Cleveland, Ohio

James Allega
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Sep 20 2014, 05:49

Hey Everyone,

I'm Jim Allega and I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on this forum. I have lurked here a few times in the past, but only to read a thread or two on a specific subject. Now that I am getting ready to really jump into REI I thought it would be a good idea to finally join. I'll probably be upgrading to Pro shortly as well, because it seems like that may be of even better use to me.

Currently I do not have any experience owning any investment real estate. I own the house I live in, but my wife still makes me pay the rent :) So I am now looking to acquire some houses or preferably smaller apartment buildings where tenants are paying me. I just got married on August 2nd this year, so now that the whole wedding thing is done I decided it would be an ideal time for me to begin focusing on building out my network and getting into some properties, because those girls love to spend money. (Just kidding, shes actually really good with it thank God!) 

I currently am a commercial insurance agent for Dawson Companies in Rocky River, Ohio. I specialize in construction, because construction is a large part of my background and knowledge, but I also have several clients who own and manage commercial apartment buildings and strip malls. So I have some knowledge in this area outside of just my standard REI investment books that i have read.

Rich Dad Poor Dad (Yeah I'm sure you have heard of it once or twice) is the book that changed my way of thinking back when I first read it at the age of 15. Now at 28 years old I am finally ready to put it in action, which I should have done a long time ago. 

I look forward to meeting all of you and hopefully developing some long term friendships from here! 

Loading replies...