Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Johnson
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
if tl;dr :New to real estate, ecstatic at the invaluable information.

Bryant Johnson
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Sep 21 2014, 00:13

Hello everyone;

I am a twenty seven year old college student; nearly finished with my associates in general studies, soon to be transferring to the UofM. Over the course of the past two weeks I became interested in the real estate industry, specifically investing in properties. I have been reading all the information I can get my hands on (surprisingly, there is an astronomical amount- for free). I plan to intern and network while double majoring in the coming years, to set myself up for as close to a job out of graduation as possible (Pol Sci: Pub Pol). 

I have heard much talk of multi family units, and from what I have learned so far, as long as the property is a good buy (that is a big assumption, given there are so many many factors apparently that make it a positive cash flow investment), as long as credit isn't horrible( I plan to lower my credit card utilization to 30%, possibly get secured loans in the meantime), and you have a promise of employment for the foreseeable future from HR upon graduation. If congress does not completely restructure the FHA loans, at 3.5% down, at 5% apr, with homestead, living and renting in a duplex seems pretty much, amazing.

However, I have much to learn, and have the time to do so, as this won't be a possibility to my knowledge until upon I graduate. I am amazed at those that talk of 2% in rent, how in the world do they find these properties? Surely not on mls, distressed motivated seller bird dogging? 

I digress, I am happy to be here, and so very thankful this site exists among many others I have found in the recent days.

Look forward to learning more as I do my own due diligence and read as much as possible. 

Have a good night or rather good day,

Bryant

Loading replies...