• Professional
  • Pinole, CA
Votes |
Newbie from the Bay Area California

Albert F.
  • Professional
  • Pinole, CA
Posted Sep 22 2014, 14:25
Hello everyone, My name is Albert, live in north California. I'm a cancer surviver in remission since 2012.I'd been interested in investing in real estate for awhile now and after seeing those late night infomercial from Carleton sheets and spending thousands on programs that didn't work I finally decided to start in 2008 with a single family home with a traditional way (mortgage loan) it was a shortsale for 500,s I got it for 420,s I was happy at the time because I was going to remodel it and sell it but the market took another hit and I ended upside down. I could not rented so I decided to move in and hold it til the value goes up, I got a loan modification because of my condition that helped me a lot. now it has equity and I feel more confident in going to try again in investing. I got burned by all these seminars and spent thousands in programs that didn't work for me. I don't even bother in going to seminars no more i got books on buying with no down payment, ect... Now here's the question, I consider my self a handyman but I'm the type of person that don't know if a deal is good or not when I see it because not too good with numbers some times or panic of over paying and I get into the too much analyzing that I get paralyze and do nothing. I need advise in how to start investing the right way. Flipping, hold and rent or wholesale. whats is better for a newbie like me, I was thinking in buying in Orlando Fl. But open for any suggestions. How do I start with my own cash or loans? Any honest advise is very appreciated. Thank you

Loading replies...