Votes
Edgar Collado
  • Weston, FL
Votes |
Hello from South Florida!

Edgar Collado
  • Weston, FL
Posted Sep 27 2014, 21:50

Hi everyone! I have been on the forum for about a week or so and am just taking a few minutes to introduce myself. Well, my name is Edgar and I currently live in Weston, Florida. This is about 20 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale and 30 miles north of Miami. I was born and raised in New York (Queens), but lived in NJ most of my adult life. I moved to Florida about a year ago for work. I work finance and accounting for an industrial manufacturing company.

I have had an interest in real estate for some time. Early in my career, I performed economic and financial analysis on large real estate transactions. Mostly large single tenant office space, as well as some vacant land and tower sites (I worked at a Telco). I am a licensed agent in NJ and worked actively for about two years. I loved the work, was frustrated with the people, and had my first son around that same time. The 24/7, always on, regimen of a real estate agent was not for me at that time. Despite leaving the industry in two years, I was actually quite successful. Within that period, I became one of the top five agents in my office of 90, and won some of the awards given by the realtor associations. I own two investment condos, one in New York and one in Orlando where I have some relatives. Sorry for the long background, but just wanted to give you all a sense of my RE experience. My day job involves mostly financial analysis, business strategy, and process/program management.

Fast forward nearly 10 years since my first "dabble" in real estate and here I am on a BP forum...looking to network, learn, and share with the community. I am new to Florida and would love to meet like mind folks that have an interest in real estate and are willing to share their knowledge. I do not know this market well and have begun doing some research. My main interest is in multi-family rental properties, but just spending a few days on BP I am know considering looking into buying rehabs to hold and maybe flip.

Thanks for taking the time to read thru my intro, if you have gotten this far that is, and please never hesitate to reach out if you think I can be of assistance. For those of you in the Union County, New Jersey area while I am not there anymore I do still have some contacts that I can put you in touch with if interested. All others, happy learning, happy investing, and happier & bigger pockets! I really look forward to being an active member of this community.

P.S. Is there an award for longest introduction?

Loading replies...