• California
Votes |
New Member in Dallas/Fort Worth

James Kulakowski
  • Homeowner
  • California
Posted Oct 1 2014, 16:50

Hello all!  

My name is James Kulakowski and I'm a newbie to the REI world. I currently live in Saginaw, Texas with my wife and two dogs. My wife and I are in our early 20's and are fortunate to have purchased our own home. We bought when the market was low and, luckily, the property value around us has picked up quite a bit. Also, being able to utilize my VA loan helped with not having to put forth a large down payment and we were able to talk down the company we purchased from off of the requested price. Everything fortunately worked out well for us and we were able to get a large house for an amazing price, and it was built with our options that we picked. We were very blessed.

As far as real estate goals, my goal would be to become a successful REI and eventually set myself and my family up for a health passive income system. Essentially, I am looking for MSI and have been very interested in doing this for a while. Unfortunately we have been turned away from this opportunity because we don't have the up front capital to do the initial investment and, until recently, weren't aware of ways to do this or which avenues to take to get the job done.

Unfortunately, we learned these things by attending a local REI seminar held by "Flip Advantage" and made the $2k purchase for the 3 day training course. I would love to hear from some professionals and/or individuals who have experiences with these types of "programs". I have done my research using BP and have read a lot of people saying that these programs are "scams" and that all of this information is available on BP and I have also gathered that there are plenty of helpful and resourceful people on this website who are willing to share information and help. I would love to meet some REI's in my local area and discuss things with them one-on-one instead of in a group setting like the seminar. As I write this, I am considering calling the seminar company and getting my money back, as I am not afraid of doing "hard work" to find this information and would rather save my $2k for investing in RE rather than putting it into other people's pockets mostly for the sake of them getting richer.

I actually stumbled upon BP from doing research about the aforementioned seminar.  I wanted to make sure that this program was legit, as I had not heard of these things before, and found this site.  I really would appreciate any advice that anybody can give.  I'm very happy to have found a website that has what seems like successful professionals that are actually willing to help.  Thanks in advance to everyone who reads and responds to this thread.

Sincerely,

James Kulakowski

Loading replies...