Votes
Coire Fox
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
New Guy in Indianapolis

Coire Fox
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Oct 7 2014, 18:12

Hello, BiggerPockets! I'm Coire from Indianapolis, IN. I have decided to quit my job and change careers! I don't know if I will switch to REI, but I am here to watch and learn about the industry to see if it is a good fit for me. I have informed by boss already and my exit timeline is approx 3-6 months.

My first introduction to real estate was the purchase of my first home a little over 3 years ago. I purchased a HUD home which was in need of renovation. I applied for and received a 203k loan to complete the project by the skin of my teeth. I went 10k over budget and got it "done" on the last day possible. After that I swore I would never get involved in real estate again. Of course, I thought I would be working the same job for the rest of my life, too!

The problem was I actually enjoyed it...or I am so far removed from it that I don't remember the agony and turmoil that can be a home renovation. I think I would like to get involved in another (if not many more) property. My first goal is to sell my house. I would like to purchase and move into a duplex or multi so I can at least cover my rent and possibly utilities while figuring out what to do with the rest of my life. After selling my house, I should have enough money for a down payment on something livable and enough to start investing and/or renovating something. I am lucky to have a "sugar momma" to help me through this process. She has been extremely encouraging and can support our basic needs with her income. She says its my turn :)

Advise is welcome, but not necessary. There are enough articles and forum posts out there to keep me busy for a while.

Loading replies...