Votes
Aja A.
  • Mashpee, MA
Votes |
New to BP from Cape Cod

Aja A.
  • Mashpee, MA
Posted Oct 18 2014, 13:09

Hello All, I'm so excited as I stumbled upon BiggerPockets and I'm addicted. My spouse and I live in Cape Cod, MA. I've always been interested in real estate investing but had a bad experience in 2007 when the  market flopped after I purchased my first home which was a "fixer-upper" outside of Boston. Luckily, I was able to rent the single-family residence for a small monthly profit, so I became a landlord by necessity. So far so good on that...This year we purchased our next home, which is our primary residence on the Cape.

We both work 9-5 jobs but recently, I've been contemplating getting back in to real estate investing so we can transition out of our full-time jobs to pursue other interests and to gain more financial freedom. This site is exactly what I needed. I've got a lot of reading and learning to do....but I'm thankful for the resource and hope that I too can contribute in the near future.

As I work on plan I am interested in another SFR or a vacation rental in my area. Any thoughts appreciated....

Take care,

Aja

Loading replies...