James A.
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
A brand new journey from Kirkland, Washington

James A.
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Oct 20 2014, 02:54

Hi Everyone!

My name is James Abuan (pronounced as "aw-bwon") and I'm from the great pacific northwest living in Kirkland, Washington. I currently work for one of the top cloud-technology companies in the world developing new markets and I wouldn't trade working for anyone else (at least for now). About 3 months ago I've decided to enter the business of real estate investing part-time just because I've been so tired of relying on one source of income. Basically, not enough to help prepare for the future. You just never know when corporate will ever pull its plug on you! Even about a month ago my company had gotten acquired it was scary for a moment to think that I wasn't going to have a job any longer. Since looking for a community group like BiggerPockets a few days ago to get plugged-in I figured it would be a great idea to join immediately cause you never know what you're going to get. As much as I'm not only doing this for myself but helping my mom and our families grow financially in the Philippines, but most importantly help those who are less fortunate in other countries! I don't have much investing experience, but if anyone can mentor me, partner or point me in the right direction in making my first deal that would be totally awesome! I can definitely learn something from you guys. I'm all ears at this point, and since I'm just focusing on getting the right education I'm making this a major priority in my life to learn and grow while working full-time. So far, listening to the podcasts and utilizing the resources from BiggerPockets has been great!

As I'm still working on getting educated with the different strategies, especially through BiggerPockets I'm also looking to flip my first deal along with the approaches to wholesale, flip, buy and hold long-term. I'd like to ensure someday when I do retire that I have more than enough to take care of my family and to travel around the world meeting new people!

Thank you to BiggerPockets and to the community! I look forward to building a long-term financial legacy!

Cheers,

James

Loading replies...