• Ithaca, NY
Votes |
New BP addict from Hillsborough, NJ

Ceril S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ithaca, NY
Posted Oct 22 2014, 18:43

Hello BP'ers!

I've been listening to the podcast while I'm at work for the last week or so and I'm addicted!  After a week of listening to the podcasts, I finally broke down and signed up for the forum.  Pretty darn excited to learn as much as possible.

I'm finding that the more I learn, the more that I don't know and can now be excited to find out about.

My wife and I had just started having a discussion about wanting to start building a real estate portfolio for retirement a couple weeks ago when I just did a search on podcasts and this one came up and I haven't stopped listening since. I also haven't stopped talking about it since as well, so my family thanks you in advance for listening to my future questions and rantings so that they can have their sanity back.

We have 4 kids with the oldest heading off to college next year (so we have cheap manpower!) My wife and I are also pretty handy with maintaining a house - we've done plenty of work on our own houses through the years, repairing sheet rock, installing microwaves and ceiling fans, etc, etc. and we are not afraid to look up how to on youtube. And we're pretty confident that we will be able to handle the property management aspect.

I am the family research addict so I will be here on a regular basis trying to find answers on to LLC or not, how to calculate a good deal, how to structure the deal, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for this great resource!  I look forward to chatting with you all!

- Ceril

Loading replies...