• Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Complete Noobie from Oceanside, California

Jimmy Watson
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Oct 23 2014, 22:26

Hey everyone!  My name's Jimmy, and I'm a Marine EOD Tech stationed at Camp Pendleton, California.  I'm originally from Michigan, but luckily moved somewhere a bit warmer to avoid the miserable winters that plague the midwest.  

I'm here on Bigger Pockets because I've got about 10K saved up, and no idea what to do with it.  I know that's not much, but I'm hoping it's enough to get my foot in the door.  I've thought about real estate for a number of years, but frankly have no idea of where to start.  I have zero real estate experience.  

My Goals:

To purchase a small rental property (to start) and rent it out to gain a little bit of extra income.  I've been looking at apartments in Niceville, Florida because I lived there for a while and absolutely loved the area.    I obviously would have to hire a middle-man to handle all of the little things, seeing as I live in California.  I would also fly to Florida around Christmas time to check out the property I'm interested in.  

Eventually, if my first property does very well, I would love to purchase more property and let it grow from there.  I just need a little push in the right direction!  

Thanks everybody,

-Jimmy Watson

Loading replies...