Christopher Elliott
  • Erie, PA
Votes |
Intro from Erie, PA

Christopher Elliott
  • Erie, PA
Posted Oct 27 2014, 17:00

Good evening Biggerpockets Community!

My name is Chris E. and I have been following the forums on biggerpockets for a few months now and decided it was time to dive in. I have always been interested in real estate and land as far as I can remember. Someone once told me there is one thing that they can't make more of... and that is Land. That has always stuck with me and figured real estate would be the best way to exploit that truth. 

I do not currently own any rentals, as I am still in the research phase of my real estate investing plan, but that will change some day in the next few years. In my professional life I am a CPA that is our of public practice, once the baby was born I couldn't do tax season anymore and spend the time with my new family that I wanted to. Crunching numbers and financial analysis is something I enjoy as weird as that sounds, so that is another area of Real Estate Investing that sparks my interest. 

I am balancing the tasks of paying down students loans and saving for my first purchase. In the mean time I plan on refining my approach and determining the niche I wish to practice in. Right now I am leaning towards multifamily housing with a buy and hold type strategy. My home town, Erie, PA, is fortunate in some ways and not so in others. We did not experience the large downturn a lot of the nation experienced, but we also didn't have the large increase in values either. I don't know a whole lot about my market, so if anyone else is in the Northwest PA or Eastern Ohio or Western NY region, and would like to meet up to talk real estate, Pittsburgh Pirates baseball or even just the weather, count me in. 

Thanks for listening to my little spiel and have a good rest of the evening, 

Loading replies...