• Seattle, WA
Votes |
New member - from Seattle area

Bruce Mar
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Oct 30 2014, 15:12

Long-time listener, first time poster.  

No questions, just an introduction.  I'm Bruce from the Seattle area, and my wife, Tamar, and I have been fans of the podcasts since we started listening to them in July. That was about the time when we had the 'aha' moment that real estate is where we wanted to focus our future investments.

We're relative newbies in investment real estate, though we had been a landlord many years ago. Shortly after we were married, my wife was transferred to Minnesota for work, where we settled in lovely Woodbury, MN.  Since we had just closed on a house in Seattle, we decided to rent it out, and because of the cost-of-living difference between the two cities, we were able to use the net cashflow and essentially pay for our housing in MN (note: we did get a great deal on both homes).

Long story short, we moved back to Seattle, sold the MN house, and had kids. That brings us to today, where we just closed on our first rental property. We found a great foreclosure deal close to downtown Seattle in, what we feel, is an up and coming neighborhood, with restaurants, services, and transportation close by.

Now that we've jumped in, we hope to be more active in the forums and meet some of our fellow Seattle BP'ers.

Cheers,

Bruce Mar

Loading replies...