• Evansville, IN
Votes |
Newcomer from Southern Indiana

Nevin Ashley
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Evansville, IN
Posted Oct 31 2014, 08:37

Hello.  My name is Nevin Ashley, and I am what you all may call green at this game.  I am a professional baseball player and have been doing that for almost ten years now.  I want to start investing on the side so that when my playing days are done I have a fall back plan.  Now, when I say professional baseball, I'm not the guy on TV making multi millions.  I have bounced around three organizations and played the last five in triple A.  Baseball is more than a full-time job during the season but like now in my offseason I have ample time, in which I am investing in learning the ropes of real estate investing.  

I just wanted to take this time to take my first step to engaging with others and hopefully getting advice for someone who is just getting in. I have purchased a home before and sold one as well. Throughout the processes I engulfed myself in learning the ins and outs and also helped my in-law do the same with For Sale By Owner. I see this realm becoming a career and just want to learn all that I can. My goals are simply to just learn as much as I can in the near future, and purchase my first property before I leave for spring training. I recently went to a seminar with Flip Advantage and of course I fell in love with the idea of doing all this so "easily" as they make it sound and without my own money. I didn't jump when they said jump and researched and found BP. Since then I have been reading forums, listening to podcasts, and reading articles and books. I have set up a meeting with my realtor who is a great friend and very well known in this area, so I feel like I'm making progress, but would love advice from those who have been there. Is there something you wish you would have done, or make sure I do this before starting. Do I need to start up and LLC? You get the picture.

Thank you all for your time, and especially BP for this place where we can all benefit from each other.

Loading replies...