Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Eric Spears
  • Port Charlotte, FL
Votes |
New to real estate, not new to flipping, not new to inventory acquisition, not new to negotiating..

Eric Spears
  • Port Charlotte, FL
Posted Oct 31 2014, 17:21

Hi Bigger Pocket! My name is Eric but my online friends call me CP.  I am born and raised in Florida. I currently reside in Tallahassee where I work full time as a Pharmacist.  When I work overnights I listen to the podcast and just let my mind soar with ideas and opportunities. I am nearly 75% done with the series and I have found them extremely helpful. If the forums and the articles are as helpful as the podcast, then I can see myself trampling the learning curve.

I have never owned a property but I have rented from a dozen or so places so I have seen how different people and companies manage tenants.  I could be considered a real estate noob.

I am 26 years old and have been flipping things on craigslist, ebay and more recently amazon, starting when I was 19 years old. Motorcycles, electronics, vintage clothing. Fix and flips (broken macbooks or other electronics), buy and hold (this years hot toys until Christmas, then unload), and auctions. Similar inventory acquisition styles that I can see being done in real estate. Negotiations are not new to me, hard work is not new to me, research is not new to me. I am looking to grow myself and my wealth through real estate. I would like to retire by the time I am 30 earning between 50k and 100k a year "passively" through real estate and my other online business. I don't need a fancy car, I don't need amazing clothes or electronics. I find all of those things on the cheap through Craigslist and thrift store arbitrage.  I have nearly no cost of living currently drawn from my paycheck because of my lifestyle, and bank everything I have made at my day job to help put a down payment or buy a property cash outright. 

Having a passive income stream and building assets through real estate intrigues me. Foreclosure auctions from the county is something I have been watching and studying closely in my area.  Currently I am looking to get something, ideally a duplex or a 2 or 3 bedroom condo that I can rent out and/or live for free in.  Getting the hang of the process, and then growing with more units. 

Mobility and Time are two things that I value more than money. I love to travel and having choice of every hour of my day.

I am a hustler digging deep trying to grow, looking forward to the site!

-cp

Loading replies...