• Real Estate Consultant
  • Carmel, IN
Votes |
New to BP in Indianapolis, IN

Ross Denman
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Carmel, IN
Posted Nov 6 2014, 19:27

Hello! My name is Robert Ross Denman. I typically go by "Ross", but my office calls me Robert (we actually have another Ross there, so it's less confusing. If we talk on the phone I may answer as Robert or Ross.) 

I am currently living in Indianapolis and have had an interest in Real Estate for most of my life. After my divorce (about 4 years ago) I decided to try and dive in to real estate investment... I spent my life savings (what little was left after the divorce) on education and decided to give it a whirl. I wholesaled a couple of houses (daisy chaining off of some other local investors buyers lists.) Shortly after that I moved to managing the business and marketing end with a local contractor who was interested in investing. I worked with him for almost a year creating opportunities for his company. He ended up being scandalous and I ended up losing most of the money that I had made.

Determined not to give up, I stepped away to regroup. About a year ago, I started with a local franchise of a national Property Management company in Indianapolis. I was hired in leasing (that was the only position that they had available at the time) and I am currently the most successful leasing agent that our office has have ever had. (We actually hit top 10 a couple of times nationally out of over 200 offices during my tenure.) I did that until I was burnt out. The phones never stop ringing... It was mind wrenching. I took a lateral move a few months back and took over the project management portion of the business. Currently I am inspecting vacant homes, building projects, and overseeing contractors to ensure that our homes are rent ready and desirable in an affordable and timely manner.

I love the position that I'm in, the work that I do, and the company that I work for, but it's still just a 9-5 that allows me to live paycheck to paycheck. I'm not convinced that I want to become a huge, full-time investor anytime soon though, I am really just looking to do some investments on the side. I see deals come across our table fairly frequently and would love to find a financing partner available to help take advantage of those deals.

To give you an idea, my manager just got a purchase offer today on a deal that came through less than 90 days ago. He purchased and closed the home for around $34k, spent about $1500 in closing/holding costs and $6k in rehab. He accepted a commitment to close at $53.5k today. He should walk away with around $11k net when it closes. He literally purchased the home 9 weeks ago and just rehabs a few homes like this on the side each year.

As far as my goal at BP, I love learning and I am looking to Network wherever possible, especially in my local area and hope to find some good people to partner with to get the ball rolling. I have actually listened to about 25 hours of BP Podcasts in my car over the last month and love the show. I look forward to finding some great people here as well. Please feel free to send me a colleague request.

One last note, just because I find it amazing. My personal cell phone number is literally the easiest one in the city to remember and looks amazing on signs. Hit me up, ask me what it is, and I'll let you know... and no... I didn't buy it and it's not for sale!

Robert Ross Denman

Loading replies...