• Carolina Beach, NC
Votes |
Introduction: New Member from Coastal NC

Keith Bloemendaal
  • Contractor
  • Carolina Beach, NC
Posted Nov 21 2014, 12:05

Hi all, 

Just discovered Bigger Pockets last week through Google Plus, have listened to a few podcasts, and discovered the forums today. 

Just an introduction, and I plan to detail more of what I am doing later:

I am a new home builder, just starting out on my own, in Carolina Beach North Carolina. I have been in construction for over 25yrs, and spent the last 3yrs as a project manager for a mid-sized builder. I managed over 150 projects (SFR) for them in 3yrs. In September, I found my self out of a job as they downsized (owners are ready to get out I believe, still on good terms with them) and I had to make a decision, fast.

I was already looking at going on my own to build, the market is decent here, but I just wasn't quite ready (procrastinating?). Anyway, I had enough money to make it a few months, and then I would be in trouble. 

Last week, I secured the funding for my first 3 spec homes ($900k) using none of my own money. This was a huge relief, and I am excited to get started in the coming weeks. 

My plan is to build 6-8 homes in 2015. 

In the future I want to build up a portfolio of rentals, either new builds (I build) or rehabs, I prefer new builds because I can save on the property since I build it. 

I look forward to networking with like minded pros, and learning from this community!

Thanks!

Loading replies...