• Richmond, VA
Votes |
Hello from Richmond, VA!

Wes Barrier
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Posted Nov 24 2014, 07:25

Hey guys, Wes here from Richmond.

First of all, a collective thanks for the massive brain dump on this site. After running through the beginners guide and picking around a bit, BiggerPockets seems to be a treasure trove of information.

I'm a 27 year old mechanical engineer who bought his first house in June (who am I kidding... I bought a garage that happens to come with a house). Interests include car repair, lifelong learning, home repair (just getting into this one), teaching, wakeboarding, Netflix, and sleep.

After finding a great lodger to pay 2/3rds of my base mortgage, I decided to look into more real-estate. This led me to you fine folks!

Current five-year plan is to finish building my 6-month emergency fund, and then split the next pot 50/50 between money-market accounts and a down payment on an investment property.

Spreadsheets legitimately excite me (I know...) and I've made a couple to compare cash flows and Cap rates on properties. Hopefully you bunch will be able to help refine them, and together we can all profit from the experience!

Great to meet everyone, and I hope that we can learn a lot from each-other!

Loading replies...