• Investor
  • located in Santa Cruz, investing in Pittsburgh, PA, CA
Votes |
new member in Santa Cruz, CA

Judy J.
  • Investor
  • located in Santa Cruz, investing in Pittsburgh, PA, CA
Posted Nov 25 2014, 15:50

New investor based in sunny Santa Cruz, CA.  Anyone else here? I'm interested in cashflow opportunities primarily. I'm also interested in house hacking or investing in Santa Cruz but I'm priced out of the market here as far as I can tell.

I just recently received an inheritance, so I have about 100K to invest. I'd love to work up to making 2-3K/month. I recently attended J. Martin's excellent real estate summit and discovered notes and lending. I'm on the learning curve now and trying to figure out my strategy.

In the past I've co-owned a large house and rented extra bedrooms to students. I wanted to keep that property, but my partner needed to sell. I was able to upgrade it and sell it at a nice profit. I found that I loved getting the renovations done but I think the risk in flipping is too high for me now. I will be leaving my current job as an academic for personal reasons so I'm looking for cashflow with less risk to supplement my income until I decide what to do next. I'm motivated to get out from under the $1800 rent here, so will likely be buying something in my area soon for myself.

Those who have been there, any advice? Can you recommend anything else to do other than what I'm already doing? I'm scanning the intro postings now to see what has been recommended in the past and finding lots of great info. I've gone to a Santa Cruz meetup for investing and I'm going to a South Bay one soon. I'm talking to out of state investors. Thanks for any advice you can give me,

-Judy Jackson

Loading replies...