Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Ed Schuurman
  • Homeowner
  • Waynesboro, PA
Votes |
Pre-Newbie from Waynesboro, PA (Franklin County)

Ed Schuurman
  • Homeowner
  • Waynesboro, PA
Posted Nov 27 2014, 13:20
Good Evening BP world-

My name is Ed Schuurman and I'm currently beginning to investigate the world of real estate investing. I have no experience as an investor, but own my home and I have been a tenant in the past. I work a full time job in healthcare and have become fascinated by the potential to provide supplemental income, increased net worth and eventually a legacy for my family. Eventually I'd like to work 9-5 because I want to and not because I have to.

I don't even think I can consider myself a newbie because I'm still at the point where I don't even know what I don't know. I tend to be exceptionally fiscally conservative and cautious. My first and biggest goal is to get a deep and thorough understanding of the process of evaluating an investment and understanding the potential risks.  I just really don't like financial surprises.

My family and I live in South-Central Pennsylvania and have been here for 13 years. I don't imagine we'll be going anywhere else in the near future. 

I love to fly-fish, tie my own flies and take my kids out to explore the wilderness.  I'm looking forward to learning all that I can about real estate and making some new connections along the way. Eventually, I hope to be a resource for the many newbies who will be coming behind me. 

Thanks in advance for your warm welcome. In my little bit of research thus far, it is clear that BP is one of the most exhaustive, professional and amicable resources available on the internet. Great work!

Ed

Loading replies...