Votes |
New Member from Delaware

Jessica Stiner
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Newark, DE
Posted Dec 28 2014, 20:52

Hello BP Members,

My name is Jessica Stiner and I've been a member of BiggerPockets for only a few weeks. I am a RE agent with a reputable company working as a full-time property manager and sometimes do an occasional sales transaction. Currently, I manage 25 year-round properties and 19 weekly vacation homes at the beach. I also do the accounting for the company's 125 managed properties (not looking forward to tax time, lol).

Even though I have the knowledge of buying/selling and managing homes, I'm really here on BP for networking and gaining knowledge on investing properties of my own. My goal is to purchase my first investment property within the next 3-4 months and have 20+ rental properties by the time I retire.

I'm almost done reading the Beginner's Guide and have my eye on a few other good reads recommended here. I've been reading the forums/blog and listening to podcasts, but I don't want to get sucked into only learning and not acting on purchasing my first property. Plus, even though I've worked in the RE business for years, I still have the "newbie fear". Now I'm dealing with my own money and not other people's money. How did you guys get over that?

I look forward to learning a lot from other members. I feel you will be a big asset to my new investment adventure.

Thanks!

Ideal Property Solutions Logo

Loading replies...