• Albemarle, NC
Votes |
New from NC

Gabriel Mabry
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Albemarle, NC
Posted Jan 25 2015, 12:38

Greetings all,

I joined this site to answer a specific question.. but now i see it has potential at answering many more of my questions! Over the past 6 years I have inadvertently acquired experience in the real-estate field.

USMC veteran - Culinary arts degree - Jack of All trades - Master of none - Located near Charlotte NC -- 

First, in attempt to own my own business I negotiated a deal with a commercial property owner committing only sweat equity to completely re-haul a near lost cause of a building. Beginning tax value of 89k with 4 acres of land and remnants of a KFC building damaged in all areas. My renovations, materials bought by the owner, quintupled the property value. At the time this was simply a means to complete a life's goal of owning my own restaurant. Long story short capital and the economic crisis of 2008 played a role in it's short lifespan.( owner of the building was overjoyed since he could double his rent with my departure)

Since then I have been in a similar sweat equity situation for a gentleman and his group of investors to the sum of 10ish properties for the purpose of flipping. 

My personal goals are to acquire funding, and attempt the entire process myself -- with the end goal of rehabbing apartment complexes as a long term investment and acquiring true wealth. 

I have an investor interested. Now I need to do my due diligence, bird dog properties, and bring in a project that will make everyone a profit --- to include delivering a wonderful home for someone to enjoy for years to come.

Thank all for your words of wisdom and time -- in advance.

Loading replies...