Riker Blank
  • Drexel Hill, PA
Votes |
Reaching out from Philadelphia

Riker Blank
  • Drexel Hill, PA
Posted Jan 26 2015, 17:18

Hello Bigger Pockets!

First off, wow, this site is overflowing with great info. Thanks to the experienced member that are willing to share their hard earned knowledge with the community. After digging in deep to the BP forum archive over the past few weeks, I wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

I live just outside Philadelphia and am looking to invest in the city, beginning with flips in one of the up-and-coming neighborhoods (Brewerytown, Point Breeze, Port Richmond), then eventually transition over to a buy and hold strategy. I have some learning to do about the best areas for opportunity in those places. Lately I’ve been doing a lot of driving around neighborhoods to see what is going on. There is plenty of activity, but things change drastically from block to block in those neighborhoods. Looking to hear others opinions of the opportunities you see in these areas.

I have rehab experience after having done a live-in flip of my SF residence, and prior construction employment, but I am looking to take it to the next level which would involve hiring out most of the rehab labor. After watching the philly market slowly begin to recover over the past few years and reading hundreds of posts here over the last few weeks, I am ready to take the plunge and start making contacts in the industry. I hope to have a deal lined up in the next 2-3 months.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future, especially other investors in those neighborhoods, agents or rehabbers that have knowledge of the Philadelphia market.

Best,

Riker

Loading replies...