• Investor
  • Jefferson City, MO
Votes |
New Member from Mid-Missouri

Todd Witt
  • Investor
  • Jefferson City, MO
Posted Jan 26 2015, 19:14

Hey everyone! I'm Todd from Jefferson City, Missouri. After cruising the forums for a while and listening to hours of Josh and Brandon's podcast I decided it was time to introduce myself on the forums.

A couple years ago I became a unknowing 'house hacker' when I decided it no longer made sense to rent a house with a few roommates when I could buy a house and have them rent from me. It only took a few months of putting rent checks in the bank for me to become convinced that real estate would be my path to financial freedom. At the time I was spending all my time focusing on my day job, thinking the only way I could become a real estate investor was to use my 9-5 to build up capital.

Finally, at the end of 2014 I decided I had put enough into my savings for a down payment on my first investment, so I began to start researching the business. It didn't take long for my google searches to lead me to BP where I began learning as fast as my eyes could read and my ears could listen. (It also didn't take long for me to regret my years of inactivity, but I guess that is a sunken cost at this point.)

Enough with how I got here and on to the fun stuff. My real estate goals are to obtain a portfolio of mostly multi-family, long-term buy and hold rentals that will provide enough cashflow for me to get out of the rat race and focus my time on more short-term investment opportunities such as flips and possibly some stock investing.

I love learning about all aspects of the business, but the last few days I have been focusing on  learning more about low-money down investments so I can maximize the cash I have available to build my portfolio! I may even have to grab a copy of this book I keep hearing about on the podcasts that touch on the subject :)

Loading replies...