• Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Breaking into the Market from Irvine, Ca

Brandon Duff
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Jan 27 2015, 07:04
Hello! My name is Brandyn and I am from Irvine, CA. I am a fitness company owner for personal training also in Irvine. I am 28 almost 29 in March and recently engaged. We plan on getting married in April of 2016. Many of my wealthier clients have investment properties. They either had the wealth before hand and bought a few multi unit properties or multiple single family homes or they bought many many years ago and buying is different today. All of them are out in other states vs buying in California. I know that I can't be a trainer all my life so figured I would start investing since its "passive" income. Irvine being one of the most expensive places to buy/live besides maybe NY and SF, I don't think an investment property here is the right choice. I don't have the capital that my clients have so they can't point me where to start for my first property.. They suggested in California and close by so maintain it but they don't invest in California due to taxes. I've been looking at zillow to see the difference in prices/rents in local areas. I saved a few posts to read up but other than that, I haven't got too deep into it yet since joining. My client who is a lender said I would qualify for about 200k based on my income and if I went with my fiancée it would be near 500k. I have a 740 credit score and about 30k saved. Her credit score is not great and has nothing saved. I guess I would love a mentor of sorts. Thanks!

Loading replies...