Jason Hodge
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Newbie from Cincinnati Ohio

Jason Hodge
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Jan 28 2015, 09:49

Hello,

My name is Jason Hodge, and I'm new to Real Estate investing. I have been devouring material on this site, and it is quite amazing the number of ways a deal can be structured. Just calling the vast group of options "Real Estate" doesn't do it justice. While this is wonderful, it also breeds alot of confusion for a newbie - but I'm doing the best I can.

At this point, I am most interested in "Subject To with Wrap" deals due to the low/no money down situation, with long term income from holding a note where I don't have to repair/upkeep a rental property - plus being able to help someone out of a financial jam. From posts on BP, it seems that these deals are not usually used by the vast majority of investors due to the higher risk involved (such as with due on sale clauses, etc...) While I am not one to gamble, I do think I have a lower risk aversion than others. 

I haven't done any deals yet, but have reached out to a local REI in my area, as well as a Law Office that handles RE transactions to get an idea of legal issues I may have to contend with as well as the cost side of things. Oh, and BP has been a big eye opener as I already stated.

I look forward to participating on the forum, and if you are in the Cincinnati area give me a shout!

Jason

Loading replies...