Votes
Kyle Gregg
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Baltimore noobie, reporting for duty!

Kyle Gregg
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Jan 29 2015, 19:52

After months and months of wondering around aimlessly on the internet for possible career paths, I stumbled onto BP and it hit me like a ton of bricks! 

Hello everyone! As stated, I am a complete noobie with big dreams of owning real estate...so go easy!

I am a 26 year old working full time as a mechanical engineer. I do design work at a privately owned company contracted by the government performing design/build & design/bid/build projects. 

Growing up, I surrounded myself with anything and everything "hands-on". So naturally, i choose mechanical engineering as my career path. Several years later, i find myself stuck at a desk. Banging away at keys with one hand and drawing highly calculated colored lines with the other. This was never what i imagined to be doing and definitely not my idea of "hands on"...but i work at a very good company and very fortunate to be where i am now.

In search to find an outlet for my undying need to build/fix/create, i stumbled upon bigger pockets...a place where desk jockeys dreams come true! I am currently getting schooled (yet again) and saving my pennies. My goal is to spend all my hard earned money on a run-down inhabitable structure on a tiny piece of land with hopes of breaking even on rents and the ability of living free...which you guys often refer to as REI :)

I hope to meet wonderful inspiring people and learn a thing or two along the way!

Loading replies...