Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Veres
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Toronto, ON
Votes |
New member from the Great White North (Waterloo, Ontario)

Tyler Veres
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Toronto, ON
Posted Feb 11 2015, 07:36

Good Morning All!

Just poured myself a coffee and ready to lose my BP post virginity.  Please be gentle.  I am a new member and live in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  I work full time, but am very interested in taking my real estate investing to the next level, and I'm thinking of doing so through multi-family and apartment syndication deals.  I am very much looking forward to engaging with the community here on BP.  I have started listening to the BP podcasts, and from my brief time here I know there is a veritable gold mine on this site for the person willing to immerse themselves in the community.  My brief story in real estate starts in 2nd year of University.  At 19, my best friend and I bought a house to live in and rent out.  Being the poor student I was, my share of the down payment came from my student loans (not the strategy I would suggest, but in hindsight was not a terrible idea with the low rate and payback holiday) and his portion from working on his parents farm growing up.  We had somewhat serendipitous success through some dumb luck, and cashed out a couple years later after graduating.  We have since bought two more properties, proceeding to duplex them.  Here is where I find myself now, as we are looking to sell our current holdings and go our separate ways as we are no longer in the same city (we do actually still like each other).  So with this nest egg I have built in the last couple years, I am hoping to start building something very significant.  I am very excited for what the real estate investing future holds.  I'm starting to get slightly concerned that it may be an addiction.

Thanks for reading, take care and stay warm!

-Tyler Veres

Loading replies...