Votes
David Zickafoose
  • Middletown, DE
Votes |
New Member in Oviedo Florida

David Zickafoose
  • Middletown, DE
Posted Mar 1 2015, 15:43

Actually, the title isn't quite true.  I live in San Diego, but I hope to move back to my home town in Oviedo, Florida in the next few years.  

So my name's Dave Zickafoose and I'm a wannabe Real Estate Investor.  I currently work in Biotech, and my degrees in Systems Engineering.  My real estate experience is limited to helping take care of my parents rental for a few years once they retired, and it was easy enough to do, since it was paid off and they had a great renter that took care of the house.  

Ideally, I'd like to own several rental properties. Right now I think I'd like to buy SFR, but I think I'd be open to an apartment building after I'm a little more seasoned. Right now I've just been reading up and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the information on the site. I see that I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

I do have a few questions:

1. Where in the world do I find homes that fit the 2% rule?  From everything I've looked at 1% seems hard to find.  

2. Do you all use property managers?  I think I could do it on my own, but I sort of like the separation between myself and the renter.  

Thanks for the education, I'll be lurking, learning, and hopefully swimming in the market soon enough! 

Loading replies...