Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Kendra Mattson
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Hello from a Californian investor new to BP!

Kendra Mattson
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Mar 5 2015, 15:36

Hello BP!

I've always been interested in investing and bought my first stocks while in college in San Diego. It didn't take me long to realize that despite my research, I felt like I was essentially picking at random and didn't trust my ability to pick 'winning stocks'. That's when my interest turned to real estate. I didn't have the cash to get into the game at that time, but I knew real estate was the investment type for me.

About a year after graduation, my dad (who knew about my real estate aspirations) approached me about investing together in his neighbor's house in Rohnert Park (Northern California). We both jumped at the chance, which turned out be be not such a great idea- the cash flow was terrible. You live and you learn.

We've had that place for 2 years now (it cash flows a little better now and the equity is great) and I'm looking to use what I've learned for my next investment- a multifamily which I'm determined to make cash flow much better than my first try.

BiggerPockets has been a great help- I've been on here since sometime in January, I've listened to just about every podcast, I've read The Ultimate Beginner's Guide, but I hadn't posted until today. I'm excited to get involved, meet other investors, and share advice!

Nice to meet you!

Loading replies...