Votes |
New Member from Jersey City, New Jersey

Winnie Mullins
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Mar 28 2015, 07:37

Hello All

My name is Winnie Mullins, and have a little real estate experience. I'm really excited to be here and looking toward a great future in real estate.   2 two family homes fell in my lap back in 2004 and things were going relatively well until the collapse.  One property was in Newark, the other in East Orange, and we did not have the most desirable tenants in most desirable areas, so things went down hill.  We (my husband and I) held on to those properties way too long. We short sold one in 2012, the other in 2013, so now, I can jump back in (you know that 2 year period).

Needless to say, experience was the best teacher there, and now that that experience is under my belt, I'm ready to move forward.

So, here I am currently with a one family under contract, want to fix and flip. In addition to that house, I'm also trying to push my siblings with my Mom's house to get that rented at least (she passed in June 2012), but it needs renovation. 

Currently a mutual fund paralegal by trade and like what I do, but the prospect of getting knee deep into real estate investing is just so exciting!

Loading replies...