• Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Hi! New member in Houston, TX, but investing in San Mateo, CA area

Michael Delpier
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Apr 12 2015, 20:22

Hi, my name is Michael and I'm new here. :)

A little background.

I am what I call an accidental investor. Basically, I bought a condo in San Mateo but I had to move out of the area for work during the housing crash. I could not sell the place, so I rented it. I moved back into the area and I did the same thing a few years later. So now I have two rental condos. But, I am ashamed to say, even though I have owned these rentals since 2002, I don't know much about investing. 

I do know how to referb houses and search the Internet. But that is the extent of my talents this far.

Recently I have come to the realization that I love real estate. I am not looking to make millions. And I know it is hard work. But, I find a lot of joy in being able to provide places for people to live.

So, I am starting on the education journey into real estate investing. The goal is to buy, rehab, and rent single family, multi-family, or condos in the San Mateo area. Of course I would love to quit my job, move back to California, and work real estateivesting full time. But that seems so far off.

Any help on where to look and what to read would be great! Hope to learn a lot from everyone here.

Loading replies...