• Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
Newbie from Honolulu Looking to Invest Out-of-State

Nick Moriwaki
  • Investor
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted Apr 20 2015, 22:16

Hey everyone, my name is Nick from Honolulu, HI.  I recently went to a real estate seminar and it really opened my eyes to the many opportunities there are for out of state investments.  

Growing up in Hawaii I had heard that the cost of living was much higher here than the other parts of the US, but I never bothered to browse prices in the mainland since I never wanted to live anywhere else.  I was in shock at what a relatively small chunk of money can get you in the mainland and how easy it is to cash flow if you pick the right location to invest in.  In the past week or so I have been obsessed with reading through forums, blogs, and comments about different opinions and strategies and I decided to finally make an initial post.  

I've seen bunch of people on the site saying they are out of state investors and was wondering how to get started.  I know I would like to try and start investing in the Las Vegas area as it is the one place I travel to somewhat regularly (about once a year).  How do I go about looking for a realtor / attorney / property manager / that I would need to start investing?  My biggest fear is surrounding myself with sub-par people who will hinder my ability to expand my real estate portfolio.  Any tips about how to get started?

Also, as I mentioned, I'm extremely new to the real estate world so any other general tips / suggestions / words of advice would be much appreciated.

Loading replies...