• Homeowner
  • Glendale, CA
Votes |
Newbie from Glendale, CA

Eder Kim
  • Homeowner
  • Glendale, CA
Posted Apr 20 2015, 23:15
Hello everyone! My name is Eder and I am from Glendale, CA. After reading and listening to some real estate books I have decided I want to invest in real estate. So I move some sticks here and there and I got the phone numbers of some agents and brokers. I called them and without any luck I pretty much got shut down here and there. Maybe it's the lack of experience and/or lack of money. I was hoping I could find a mentor. Someone that could help me find a way. All these people I have called they are all millionaires. And instead of teaching new investors I think they would rather try to make more money for themselves. Oh well. I don't have much to give down payment now anyway. And I can't prove my income because I just got a steady job. So before I didn't have any tax return. I tried contacting FHA but because of this reasons I didn't get approved. At least now. So my plan for start investing in real estate is this. First, learn as much as I can for about a year. Then buy my first property, probably a single family. Rent it out. And refinance. Then after a little while, raise money and buy a second one. Rent it out and refinance. In the meantime, try to payoff my in laws house as soon as possible, move after like 5-6 years and rent it out. And just keep moving like that. So my question is: am I dreaming too high? Am I doing all wrong? Can someone show me a way I could go? I have a full time job, married with two little kids. I have my hands full all the time so I don't have much free time to go to seminars or stuff like that. My wife and I work about 11 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. And we make very little money. That is why I try to read as much as I can when I can. Is financial freedom still a tangible dream for us?

Loading replies...