• Oxford, OH
Votes |
New to BP, Military from Ohio!

John Pritchett
  • Investor
  • Oxford, OH
Posted Apr 25 2015, 21:37

Hey BP,

I'm excited to finally introduce myself. I found the site last month, probably looking for info on financing after 4units, and have been devouring the podcasts since. I am from Columbus, Ohio, lived in Jacksonville, FL for the last 7 years, and am currently stationed in San Diego, CA (Navy pilot). I got started investing in real estate in 2009 when I bought a duplex in the small college town where I went to school. I bought another single family there in 2013 and also rented out my SFH in Jacksonville, FL when I moved away last year. My student rentals are about "1% rule" properties and when I found the site and heard about the 2% rule and that these properties actually exist, it blew my mind. Since then I've spent way too much time on zillow looking in the Cincinnati, Dayton, and Springfield Ohio areas. I can't wait to do my next deal but have to wait because we might be moving back to Jacksonville soon and my wife wants to make sure we can buy a house for ourselves when we get there ;) I look forward to meeting investors in my area(s) and becoming a part of the community!

Loading replies...