• Henderson, NV
Votes |
Hello from Las Vegas!

Dustin Allen
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Henderson, NV
Posted Apr 26 2015, 12:51

Hi guys!

My name is Dustin. I am 29 years old & from Southern California, currently living in Las Vegas. I work full time as a Paramedic here & have been in that field for 10 years.
I'm very active and enjoy ice hockey, golf, snowboarding, motocross, and surfing.

I grew up with parents that were part time real estate investors. So at the age of 18 I was learning about amortization schedules and holding costs while my friends were out partying. At 20 I first read Rich Dad, Poor Dad & it changed my thinking forever. 

I became a Paramedic 21, but also tried to break into real estate investing. I got into debt a few times with a few Guru programs, and not much success. We bought a couple personal properties creatively, but that was about it. Then in 2011 I did end up taking on a multi family mentoring program through one of the local investing clubs with my dad. We learned so much but with so much market fluctuations during that time we didn't have any offers accepted. I kinda gave up on my business aspirations, even though i knew I had so much to offer.

That all changed in 2013. My old room mate from paramedic school was starting his own ambulance company in the mid west, and was having so much trouble getting the company off the ground. He offered me a job to work for him. I countered with a proposal for partnership, & bam! We were off the ground in running. Within 2 months we opened doors and literally started making money the first day. We started with no money, yet somehow we built the company from nothing into a multi million dollar company with many contracts & 25+ employees. I did all the accounting, HR, and as much as I could 2,500 miles away. He worked as a paramedic supervisor & handled the day to day operations.

However a few months ago my business partner started breaching contract, doing some super shady things, & we split ways. Yes, It did end poorly, but what I learned through the years is absolutely priceless. I count it as a total success in my book. 

So I'm here with my new found knowledge & experiences to try this investing thing one more time!

Loading replies...