Votes
Gavin S.
  • Lakeland, FL
Votes |
New Member in Sheffield, IL

Gavin S.
  • Lakeland, FL
Posted May 2 2015, 19:11

Hi my name is Gavin Sronce and I've decided to take the plunge into Real Estate investing and this site seems like a great place to get started. As a husband and now father to my daughter I've had some real motivation to get in the game and set some goals for myself and my family. I work in education as an Assistant Superintendent in Northern Illinois. As I've moved from being a teacher to a principal and now in the central office I've had to buy/sell a number of homes. My experience has been spotty with real estate. I've been in the position twice now (including right now) to have to move without a house being sold so I have experience being a landlord. My most enjoyable experience was buying a house completely remodeling it and then selling it after barely living there for about two years for a profit in a depressed market. Essentially I flipped a house. I've caught the bug and I want to do more flips! You see I grew up in a family where we rehabbed and remodeled as a way of life. If you are in my area and want to work together on something please let me know as I find flipping (and doing right) to be both personally rewarding and very helpful to the community. The rare situation where everyone wins. Now I'm looking at buying houses that are in foreclosure, rehabbing and then flipping them. Just starting out seems to be the first big hurdle so I'm looking toward some creative financing to meet my design expertise and get going. If you have recently flipped a home I'd love to hear your story! Take Care. GS

Loading replies...