• Homeowner
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
Newbie From Brush Park in Detroit, Michigan

Lawrence Davis
  • Homeowner
  • Detroit, MI
Posted May 9 2015, 10:30

Hello BiggerPockets! My name is Lawrence and I'm a homeowner who lives in Detroit, Michigan (originally from  Southfield, MI).  I've been in the IT field for about 15 years now and have always been interested in real estate investing. I also have experience in setting up websites & online marketing. 

Although I have family members who are real estate investors (one is a broker), I'm new to this in the sense that I've never actually done a deal. My long-term goals are to transition from my IT career and become my own boss via my online businesses & real estate investing. As for my short-term goals they are focused on learning as much as I can about the different real estate investment options & picking one or two to focus on initially. That will probably be purchasing tax foreclosures & turning them into rental properties, re-selling them to other investors, etc. 

I'm sure eventually I'll be using a combination of strategies depending on the situation, but right now I'm in learning mode while also trying to network & save some money for my first deal.

My hobbies include music production and listening to podcasts that deal with online business (i.e. Pat Flynn's SmartPassiveIncome, Tim Ferris, etc). My wife and I have 4 kids between the ages of 6 & 12, so that also keeps me busy and limits my time. So for me making the most of the "free" time I have is very important. 

I look forward to participating in the forums and meeting everyone!

Loading replies...