Brian McCraw
  • Spartanburg, SC
Votes |
New guy from Upstate SC

Brian McCraw
  • Spartanburg, SC
Posted May 21 2015, 14:03

Hey guys!  I'm Brian from Spartanburg.

I'm 26 and I'm getting a fairly late start at this from what I see around here.  A string of poor life choices put me where I am, and it's time for me to start making good ones.  I work a dead-end job at a warehouse at the moment, didn't finish college.  I'm starting with a blank credit report and virtually no savings or net worth except a couple thousand in a 401k and a paid-off Audi A4.

Signed up for a secured credit card and a little secured loan a few months ago.  Credit score has gone up 100 points already!  I'm giving myself to the end of the year to save my down payment on my first owner-occupied duplex.  Got plenty of time to read about it and think about it.

I've made up my mind that real estate is definitely where I want to be.  I've already spent many sleepless nights thinking about it.  It feels so good to actually have a goal that is completely attainable and be making real progress towards it.

Just wanted to say thanks for the TONS of great information from the community here!  Look forward to being a contributing member once I have something to contribute :)

Loading replies...