• Investor
  • Lockport, IL
Votes |
New Investor Lockport IL

Jeffrey Turner
  • Investor
  • Lockport, IL
Posted May 21 2015, 14:39

Hi BP! Names Jeff, I'm a newbie investor from Lockport, Illinois (About 35mi SW of Chicago). I have been thinking/reading about REI for a few years now as a way to earn additional income. Last year I jumped in the game and bought an empty lot (with my brother and father in law). Currently we are in the framing stage, roof is going on today.

Our plan is to focus on BRRRR, followed by Fix and Flip. New construction is always an option if the right deal comes along.

I work full time in the Oil and Gas industry (Construction Management). My father in law has built and rehabbed homes for 30 years, so we have a pretty good handle on the construction part of the equation, but there is always something to learn.

We are lacking in knowledge around finding/analyzing deals, structuring deals/creative financing...etc So that is where I plan to focus my time right now on BP while we are still under construction on our first deal. Knowing how to rehab doesn't do us much good without a deal! 

I have been listening to the podcasts on the way to and from work, very informative!

That's enough rambling for right now! I look forward to making connections here at BP and learning as much as I can via the BP platform.

Loading replies...