• Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Votes |
[Existing] Member Introduction! SoCal and BP Blog Writer

Ali Boone
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Posted May 21 2015, 15:06

There wasn't a category option for Existing Member Introductions, so I picked New Member Introductions (sorry moderators if I goofed that one up!).

I'm saying hello for two reasons: 

1. I know it seems random, but I feel like existing members don't always introduce themselves? We tend to be more on the response side, so I decided to shake that up.

2. I write for the BP blogs (my blogs come out on Saturdays, if you want to tune in!) and I feel like there is often a separation between the blog audience and the forum audience, so I want to say hello here and introduce myself for anyone who isn't on the blog side as much.

With all that said... I'm Ali! 

• I'm a SoCal-er, living in Venice Beach
  • I started buying properties in 2011 (at least the intentional ones) and REI unexpectedly became a huge part of my life since then
  • My first intentional investment ever was in Nicaragua! (go big or go home, right?)
  • My past life was as an Aerospace Engineer working for Lockheed Martin (can't tell you more than that or I'd have to kill you)
  • I'm a pilot and do a lot of flight instructing and any other flying gig I can get my hands on
  • I'm working on a Master's degree in Spiritual Psychology (mostly because I thought it would be hilarious to say I have a Master's in Aerospace Engineering and a Master's in Spiritual Psychology but turns out I really like the work!)
  • I have two of the cutest Pekingese dogs on the planet and now I unexpectedly have the world's cutest cat as well (verifiable, not a biased statement)...so I live on what feels like a funny farm since all three are geriatric and remind me as such every day.

My REI focuses: out-of-state rental properties, turnkey rental properties, passive income (my FAVORITE), and lifestyle design. My motto is the less work I do the better so I can have maximum time for doing fun things (enter rental properties stage left...).

I realize I don't fit into the standard BP mold at all since so many people on here hate turnkeys, like landlording, prefer to flip, or do rehabs...but what fun would any website be if there wasn't at least a little variety!

With that said... Hello BP! I've been in the community for 2.5 years now as one of the blog writers and jumping in on the forums when I can, and I love meeting everyone on here! I love how many people reach out to say hi, so I wanted to give a huge hello back! I love talking to people so reach out any time, if even just to say hello, and even better--if you can think of topics you want to see on the blogs, let me know! I'm always trying to think of new topics.

Rock on without your socks on! (I hate wearing shoes)

Loading replies...