Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Asma A.
  • Investor
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
New member - wanting to buy in Houston, Austin, DC or Baltimore!

Asma A.
  • Investor
  • Washington, DC
Posted May 21 2015, 18:51

Hi everyone, my name is Asma and I’m new BP member :)

I have been an IT consultant for the last 9 years, and bought my first rental property last year in Austin, TX.  I live in DC, but spend a lot of my time in TX, which is where I grew up and my family still lives.  I bought, renovated, found a tenant and was EXHAUSTED by the end.  But afterward.....I realized, I actually enjoyed it!

A year later, I’m getting the itch to buy a second property and am currently trying to decide between Baltimore, DC, Houston, or Austin. I know very little about Baltimore and DC, but I’ve been reading that there is so much flip opportunity in these two markets.  This time around, I’m considering trying out a flip, which is a scary thought!

This is what brings me to BP. I'm excited about learning as much as I can and figuring out what my long term REI strategy will be, learning about different markets, hearing other people's stories and sharing the little bit of experience I have with someone that might benefit :)

I find myself day-dreaming that REI could possibly someday be my ticket out of my 9-5 consulting job…but that seems like an impossible dream right now.

I have a lot to learn, so would appreciate any advice on markets, strategies, resources to read/listen to, etc.  Thanks!

Loading replies...