Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Dan Cumberland
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Newbie from Seattle (never owned but wanting to)

Dan Cumberland
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted May 23 2015, 21:53

Hi Bigger Pockets!

My name is Dan Cumberland.  I am a photographer and online entrepreneur (and here) from Seattle (those are links if you're interested in learning more about me ;-).  I'm married and we have our first on the way (YIKES!!!!).  I've been poking around Bigger Pockets for a week or so and learning so much!  I wanted to reach out and say hey.

I read Rich Dad Poor Dad a couple months ago and have been learning a ton about investing and increasing my "financial intelligence".  I joined Bigger Pockets after hearing about it from @Ryan Kuja (I don't know how to tag him...) and continually finding my way back here as I've researched all things related to real estate investing.  (it seems like all real estate investing roads lead to BP).

Real estate is really appealing in many ways, so I'm hoping to get involved.  My goal is create a bit of cash flow with some rental properties.

I currently rent and really want to change that in a smart way.  I'm into house hacking because I live in such a hot market.  Expect to see some questions from me about that ;-)

At this moment, my wife and I are looking to buy in Seattle but I'm wanting to make sure we're getting ourselves off to the best start possible in the real estate game.

I'd love to meet some experienced investors in the Seattle area who I could help and learn from.

That's all for now.

-Dan

PS- I love the Bigger Pockets Podcast!  I'm working my way through all of them!

Loading replies...