Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Shadow Skaggs
  • Investor
  • Grayson, KY
Votes |
New investor located in northeastern Kentucky seeking future financial independence

Shadow Skaggs
  • Investor
  • Grayson, KY
Posted May 24 2015, 14:33

Hello all!

My name is Shadow Skaggs from Grayson, Kentucky. This tiny town of 3,500 is located in northeastern Kentucky approx. 30 mins from both Ohio and West Virginia. I am a psych nurse by trade, but have always had a desire to be an entrepreneur. Both my mother and father each own their own business, so I feel like entrepreneurship is coded somewhere deep in my DNA. 

My goal, like most others, is future financial independence, and before then, freedom from my day job. As of last week, I have signed contracts on my first three rentals. I take control of them July 1, 2015. I have had a desire to get into rentals since my teenage years, and have studied and waited patiently for the right time. My wife's grandfather is land contracting all 3 properties (2 two bedroom houses and 1 three bedroom house) to my newly formed llc, so I feel like there is low(er) risk involved than large loans. I plan on riding out these purchases for 6 months to a year to get a feel for the process and hope to have a multifamily unit in my possession in about a year. 

I hope to gain as much wisdom and education as possible through this site, which I found through reddit of all places. I thank every one of you in advance for the education, wisdom, and hopefully constructive criticism coming my way!

Loading replies...