Votes |
New B & H Investor from NY/NJ

Missy H.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Bloomfield, NJ
Posted May 24 2015, 17:51

Hi Everybody

Just joined BP a couple of weeks ago and I am so excited to be a part of the family.

I am originally from Long Island and moved to North Jersey about a year ago.  I have always wanted to be involved in real estate and took the plunge 11 years ago when I bought a duplex in Albany, NY at a tax auction.  OMG!  This property was so bad the homeless would not live in it (leaking roof, water soaked carpet, rodents....).  After fixing the roof, I kept it for a couple of years sitting vacant, until my sister forced me to do something with it.  So I got my act together, rehabbed the house, got some tenants in (both good and bad).  Fast forward, 9 years......

....Hurricane Sandy hit Long Island at the end of 2012 and the house that my twin sister and I owned was ruined (purchased in 2005).  After dealing with the insurance companies and changes to building code, the rehab was complete.  I now have great tenants.  Fast forward, to the present......

.....my sister turned me on to BP and I am itching to buy another property.  I am on BP daily, reading posts and replying with my tiny nuggets of knowledge.  Over the last two weeks, I have been binge listening to the podcasts.  As soon as I catch up, I will start over again.  I can't wait to move forward and hopefully meet great like-minded people along the way.

Loading replies...